Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Ramona Thompson- Two Poems


Let Snakes Remind Strangers
 
You're different
You're nothing like them
Not even close
So why question?
Why ache to belong?
Where you don't and never will
Be happy
In the company of those vicious vipers

Crawling
One by one forward
If you let them
With their poisons

They will consume you
Turn you
Against friends and family
Both old and new
So while you still can
Let snakes remind strangers
About their dangers
Don't join in
Whatever you do

No fiend
In your reflection
No monster mask
You hide behind
You're you
And that's all you should be
No matter what they may try and tell you
You don't have to
Jump on that demonic bandwagon
Not unless you really want to
And when you think about it
Do you?

2015 Ramona Thompson


 
Viper's Grip

Am I in love?
Or am I in danger?
Feels as if
I hardly know him at all
Never met his family
Never met his friends
Am I lost or am I found?
Will this love turn fatal?
It frightens me
To think
We got here
To this point so fast

He's the best of me
Most times
Other times he's the worse
And it feeds
All my fears
The future a murky swamp
His charms so easy
His rage also
Torn between 2 extremes
Should I stay or should I go?
I just don't know

My friends have warned
My family has laughed
Two different views
Which one is right?
I feel like a bug
Strayed too close to the light
Burned by being
Just a little too curious
Dare I give in and say yes?
Yes to his ring tonight?

The moment of truth has arrived
No turning back now
I must face him
Accept or reject
All of him
Win or lose him
And still I'm so unsure
So torn
Between true love and true fear
And tonight I tremble
As I question
Am I in love with him?
Or am I being ruthlessly crushed?
Inside the viper's grip

2015 Ramona Thompson
 
 
Ramona Thompson has been writing for more than 20 years. Her past and current credits include Dead Snakes, Infernal Ink, Blood Moon Rising, Howl, Calvary Cross and many more.
 
Readers/fans may reach her on facebook or via her e-mail reddstar111@gmail.com  
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment