Saturday, July 11, 2015

Ramona Thompson- A Poem


Venoms Past
 
Don't let go
Hold onto me
I love you
Can't let you slip away
So easy
What I've done
What you'v done
It's all in the past
Let it rest
Let our future begin
No fear
No doubt
Just us
 
We can make it
Through anything
If we just stick together
Ignore their poison whispers
Crawl not away
But closer to each other
Baby, try please
Cause sometimes I get so scared
I can feel you
Starting to slitter away
 
I know
I have't always been a good girl
You have't always been a good boy
What does any of that matter?
We're together now
Here, today
And that's all that should count
None of our venoms past
Should we let linger
To hold us down or tear us apart
We must fight
To stay in love
 
I've said my piece
Now my darling
The rest is up to you
Shall I with bitter tears start to pack?
Or with joyous ones begin to plan?
I await
In sweet agony
The answer of my one
My only true love
 
2015 Ramona Thompson
 
 
Ramona Thompson has been writing for more than 20 years. Her past credits include Calvary Cross, Dead Snakes, Blood Moon Rising, Howl, This Ain't No Rodeo and many more.

Fans/readers may find her on facebook or e-mail her reddstar111@gmail.com<mailto:reddstar111@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment