Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Luis Cuauhtemoc Berriozabal- Three Poems


COFFIN FOR YOUR THOUGHTS
 
A coffin for your thoughts,
a rope for your principles.
It is hopeless to think with
conviction.  It is crazy to
go on when all is lost.  Go
tell the world all about it.
What do you have to lose?
A coffin for your thoughts,
at least they could rest.
What do you have to say?
Has hell frozen over yet?
Is Eden barren of fruit?

 
 
 
SOMETIMES I THINK
 
Sometimes I think
of the way I want
my body cared for
after I die.  I think
of the grave I want
to be laid to rest
in.  I just want to
be placed in a
shady area with
a leafy tree
looming over
my headstone.
I don’t want to
be cremated.
I want to rot,
feed the worms,
and be left all
bones.  I would
be dressed in
Levi jeans and
a white t-shirt,
white socks,
and tennis shoes.
Sometimes I don’t
care to know what
happens to me.
I like surprises.
 
 
 
THE RHINO
 
I talk to the Rhino,
the assistant
of the great angel
in the sky.


The Rhino knows
everything.
It is Holy.
It erases sin.


Everything I have
ever done
the Rhino has erased.
I am without sin.


Though I have
thrown rocks at
glass houses
I am pure.


The Rhino has made
certain to
wash away my sins
with blood red wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment