Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Paul Tristram- Three Poems


Battle-Fed

Chaos and Carnage
Rained down like Confetti
the first time I picked up
the Battle Axe.
A Whistling Tornado
inside my Aching Head
torturing Mercy.
Angry Blood
pumping through
my Pitiless Heart.
My Murderous Eyes
view everything
before me
in Butcher’s Sections.
Your Cries and Anguish
are perfect Kindling
for the Demon’s Fire
that is Forever
Raping my Soul.
It has Always been this Way
and it Will always be this Way!
We are all merely
Links of Chain
in this Daily War of Life.
I am Simply Catching my Breath.
Surveying the Arena
both left and right.
Mopping my Hating Brow
with your Stuttering Fear.
Before once more
Releasing my Roar!


© Paul Tristram 2014

Published in Poetry Salzburg Review (Austria), No. 26, Autumn 2014



Gabriel’s Quest

Gabriel’s Quest
was aborted
after the Gate Arrest.
That batch
should have been
TICs
at the last trial.
18 more wingless months
for poxy previous
outstanding Petty’s.
It’s a crying shame,
the lad’s all heart
but no common sense.
They have given
the job to Michael.
Now there is a whole
different kettle
of loaves and fishes.


© Paul Tristram 2014

Published in Poetry Salzburg Review (Austria), No. 26, Autumn 2014



Fundamentally Flawed

“…but I don’t understand
why you even like me?
I’m like a cracked plate
in an otherwise perfect
set of porcelain crockery.
I’m Fundamentally Flawed.
I get manic when I’m excited,
I cry when I’m happy.
There’s a ‘blip in the matrix’
whenever I get emotional
I get emotional when I drink
and I drink almost constantly
at least half as much as you do!”


“That’s why I like you,
that’s why you’re my girl,
that’s why it’s working!”


“Why, because I drink so much?
You’re nuts you mad-head,
it’s gonna get expensive buying
that much beer every day!”


“No, silly, I’m a cracked plate too
and I’ve been rolling around
amongst the boring normal people
who panic if they can’t see the clock
in the middle of the town where
they were born and where they’ll die
trying to find  myself a uniquely
beautiful cracked plate to pair up with
and by Christ but it’s you, sweetheart!”


© Paul Tristram 2014

Published in Thirteen Myna Birds (USA) Friday the 15th of August 2014


Paul Tristram is a Welsh writer who has poems, short stories, sketches and photography published in many publications around the world, he yearns to tattoo porcelain bridesmaids instead of digging empty graves for innocence at midnight, this too may pass, yet.
 

You can read his poems and stories here! http://paultristram.blogspot.co.uk/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment