Saturday, April 16, 2016

Michael Marrotti- A Poem


"I Thought Everything Was Fine"

I'm anxious
I'm depressed
Help me

I've swallowed
my required dose
Took bonus drugs as well
Still I'm burdened
with a feeling
who has no right
to intrude
on my otherwise
sublime state
of mental health

Things are wonderful
For me I suppose
I can find a problem
in that
when there's no issues
to be had
Maybe I've had enough

Obsessing
in a negative way
Knowing
what brings me pleasure
Pessimistic
Optimistic
Right now
I'm being unrealistic
and I hate my thoughts for it

My mind
is playing tricks on me
as I surf the waves
of this imbalance
Trying my hardest
not bail out
Ride it out
Let it be
What I need
is a in between peace
and a calming silence


2 comments:

  1. Our thoughts definitely effect the outcome....
    Stay positive.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If we succumb to them, often times, yes. Positivity is overrated. The majority of my writing has been inspired by negativity.

      Delete