Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Bruce Mundhenke- Two Poems


Dreaming

Raindrop...
Come and follow me,
We''ll find our way
Into the sea.

Sunbeam...
Take me with you on your flight,
I'll go with you
Into the night.

Starlight...
Bring me back from darkest night,
I'll be a shadow
On your flight.

Dream train...
Your tracks are fading in the night,
The ties unloosened
With the light.

Moonbeam...
Just a ghost of burning fire,
A mere reflection
Of desire.

Candle...
Burn so gently as you glow,
Your wick
Is longer than you know.


Waking

Dawn is at my window,
Treetops dance in light,
A robin's song seduces me
With haunting sweet delight.
A dove calls
Someone loves you,
A sad and mournful sound.
A world comes into focus,
And enters into light,
And once again
Forgets the darkness of the night.

2 comments:

  1. Loved Dreaming especially the line " Burn so gently as
    you glow, Your wick is longer than you know".

    The poem "Waking" you can actually feel the transition
    from sleep to waking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somnambulism conveying a night vision of the awareness
    of Blake should you awake.

    ReplyDelete