Thursday, April 21, 2016

John D. Robinson- A Poem


John D Robinson was born in the UK in 63; His poems have appeared widely in the small press and online publications; Bareback Lit; Red Fez; Pulsar; Poet&Geek; Underground Books,The Kitchen Poet; The Commonline Journal; The Clockwise Cat; Poetic Diversity; Chicago Record; Mad Swirl; Opal Publishing; Hastings Online Times; Horror Sleaze and Trash: Your One Phone Call; Poetry Super Highway: Ink Sweat & Tears; Bold Monkey; The Beatnik Cowboy; Zombie Logic Review: Yellow Mama: Napalm and Novocain: Winamop.com: and upcoming work appearing in The Legendary; Message In A Bottle: Locust Magazine; Sentinel Literary Quarterly.
His latest collection of poetry 'When You Hear The Bell, There's Nowhere To Hide' carries an introduction by poet and novelist John Grochalski and is available via Amazon.
He is married with 1 daughter, 2 grandchildren, 3 cats, 1 dog and he likes to drink wine and listen to silence.




EVERY MORNING

I start with a cup of tea
and a hit on a joint and
some classical
music and a good-luck
kiss from my wife;
I reach the office and take
my codeine;
on any given day by 11a.m.
I may have heard stories
of pain, suffering, neglect,
rapes and beatings and
tragedies that even Hell
would be uncomfortable
with; it happens everyday
on my doorstep, in my home-
town, in your home-town,
and in every fucking town
and city;
if I’m lucky, I’ll make it
home at lunchtime for a
sandwich and a hit on a joint;
by the mid-afternoon I may
 know of suicide attempts,
violent assaults, arson, of a
street-homeless family and
a missing teenager and then
I go home to my wife, who
would have experienced
similar tales of human
horror and
I let go of work and hold
my wife and smoke and
drink into the evening and
talk to my cats and look
up into the star-sprinkled
universe and know tomorrow
will not change today and
that tomorrow will be a
reflection of today,
and that, we only
have our truths
for each other to save us.

No comments:

Post a Comment