Monday, April 11, 2016

Ramona Thompson- A Poem



Ramona Thompson has been writing for more then 20 years. Her past credits include Calvary Cross, Dead Snakes, Blood Moon Rising, Infernal Ink, This Ain't No Rodeo and many more.
 
Readers/fans may stalk her on facebook or her e-mail reddstar111@gmail.com
 
 
 
Crawling Among Vipers

I will not
Let them
Consume me
In their addictions
In their anger and foul moods
I will not be swayed
Driven to madness and unspeakable acts
Firm I shall rise
Against these demons
Seeking to invade

I am not one of them
I have never been
I never will be
Someday I shall escape
I shall be free
Of their poisonous grip
My soul once more
My own
My mind saved
From the fall of their pain
Dying for another
To join them
In a Hell never-ending

Angels fear no devils
And so I am not afraid
I am strong
I am steel
Life over death
Mind over the call of the wicked flesh
I am my own
No slave to the wilder impulses of life

I walk now
Someday I shall fly
Raise above
To find my greater reward
While they linger
Forever in the mud
They entrapped
Entombed themselves in
So eager
Too eager
To taste and have it all
Patience will be its own reward
As I enter
One fine day
Into Heavenly gates
These beasts
In mortal flesh and blood
Never shall know

2016 Ramona Thompson

2 comments:

  1. Ramona's poetry ruses as a phoenix to smite the Devilish
    whims of darkness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This poem takes me on a journey to the summit. I feel
    my demons being released into oblivion. Excellent!!!!

    ReplyDelete