Tuesday, December 22, 2015

James Diaz- Two Poems & Picture


Tallest Building I Ain't Never

Spot me 
or whatever
time the town closes
in an hour
as if 
bartender 
I didn't know 
you live and
some don't 
make it

dirty water drinking
sophisticated 
subway conversations
by sterilized him and her
right next to those who are
already slowly dying
garbage bags on their feet

so annoying
but the i-phone
is outdated
graphic for sexual
service my end of the world
is bad day
hand bag
sold out

next
on line

next

there you are! Yes you!
The universe is in your back yard,
you are sixteen today
and your parents named you
after a vegetable,

Spinach Rodriguez
future Senator
earthly pain in the ass.

What world window
have you forgotten to close lately?

In there, look- some bent
in pain are watching
the day turn to night,
and sleep is beside the point

now

aren't you glad you came
for the drinks
but stayed for the social
consciousness? 

Are we there yet?



The I is not neutral 

That shit
is over
talking about what got you
here

you might need
me when I no longer
need myself

so

fuck this rehabilitation scheme
mumbling all the time

I feel...

right?

Somehow unresolved, no
I am a nervous wreck!!!

Ever walk into a department store 
and suddenly realize that you're
not supposed to be in there
because you are fucking homeless
and being completely without 
onto-logically
is a crime

from which we don't recover?

Isn't that interesting?
From a rhetorical viewpoint,
which gender device
is the author employing
when he/she writes
'I no longer need myself?'

COLD, I CAN'T FEEL MY FEET
CAN'T YOU SEE how small my world
has become?

Class, what do we think,
should we give him some money
even if it gets spent on booze?
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment