Monday, April 20, 2015

Scott Thomas Outlar- A Poem


Back to Back

Back to Back
I’ve got
all these
feelings coming on
up against
urges as they rise

Turn around
I see the
face of
higher signs
lending focus
uplift to magnify
and all the daylight
expires toward the night
so now I lay me
down to rest awhile

Sweetly comes
a dreamy whisper
ear to tongue
speak it gently
         
The time will surely come
to see this prosper
the work we’ve done
enter fruition

Here’s the peak
raw at the climax
energy that seeps
fire of the organs

A higher sound
buzz with vibrations
shake me down
and then exhaling
…it’s calmer now
red shades blue
tidal waves
a flux in motion


Scott Thomas Outlar lost his mojo for awhile, but damn if he won't get it back at some point. His chapbook "A Black Wave Cometh" will be released in April through Dink Press. More of Scott's writing can be found at 17numa.wordpress.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment