Saturday, April 9, 2016

Michael Marrotti- A Poem


"A Lover For Each River"

The city
with three rivers
has spawned me
three lovers

One from the past
One from the present
And one wants to be
the future

Tyranny
Salvation
Insanity

A boarded up window
Pad locked door
Agoraphobia
I signed my own release

On the road to ruin
Counting my blessings
Evolution
This is my fate
This is my way

Bloody razor blades
Fractured feelings
Self destruction
She whispers deceit

Two are my type
One is not
They all want it
but only one qualifies
for my seed

False accusations
fly like bats in the night
by the two
with visual similarities

Had I stayed with the first
my writing would've
been forbidden

Had I went with the latter
psychosis would've been
bestowed upon me

Instead I live for now
I live for the present
Open mindedly
I changed my type
I tried a different way


Michael Marrotti is an author from Pittsburgh using words instead of violence to mitigate the suffering of life in a callous world of redundancy. His primary goal is to help other people. He considers poetry to be a form of philanthropy. When he's not writing, he's volunteering at the Light Of Life homeless shelter on a weekly basis. If you appreciate the man's work, please check out his blog:www.thoughtsofapoeticmind.blogspot.com for his latest poetry and short stories.

2 comments: