Monday, February 16, 2015

Luis Cuauhtemoc Berriozabal- 3 Poems


A GREAT LEAP

You step into the world
unconscious.  You take
a great leap and fall on
your face.  The world
stores your hopes and
dreams, your language,
and your dark secrets.
You head out the door
and climb invisible stairs.
You try to find a home
in no particular direction.
The world takes your name.
You become a bird and
take flight to the end of
the world.  There’s a house
there in need of a door.


THE DIRTY BOOK

The dirty book fell apart in my hands.
There was no way to put it together.
The pages were yellow and full of bugs.
The bugs ate most of the book leaving a few
words that strewn together could form
a simple sentence or a new language.


OVER YOU

I want to be over you.
You are not the only woman.
Just like changing a shirt,
I will take you off of me
and never put it back on.
I want to find peace of mind.
I want to clear the air.
I want to walk in the sun.
I want to walk the streets
without thinking of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment