Sunday, June 5, 2016

Michael Marrotti- A Poem


Rejection

How many
rejections
can one
gmail receive

Just saying no
may be easy
for them

But with these
black market
discounts I
find it incredibly
hard to bypass

Maybe if they
were under
the influence
of a mind altering
transcendence
staggering
in my direction
this poem
would be
published

Kindred souls
making credit card
payments

The black market
would flourish
as consumers
said arrivederci
to boredom

I send my
regards
to my dealer
Green eyes
never deny

Being under
the influence
is often
influential

This submission
is down the toilet
at one with my
first narcotic shit
of the day
 

Michael Marrotti is an author from Pittsburgh using words instead of violence to mitigate the suffering of life in a callous world of redundancy. His primary goal is to help other people. He considers poetry to be a form of philanthropy. When he's not writing, he's volunteering at the Light Of Life homeless shelter on a weekly basis. If you appreciate the man's work, please check out his blog:www.thoughtsofapoeticmind.blogspot.com for his latest poetry and short stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment