Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Ananya S. Guha- A Poem


 All The Dead Arise In My Dreams

All the dead arise in my dreams
stuffed  with uncles, aunts, mother
and father. All the dead speak in my dreams.
The dead Siamese cat who curled once and for
all to die by the sofa in the dining room.
All the dead arise in my dreams.
Grandmother and her house with bamboo sticks
jettisoning an ancient house, brick and mortar
crumbling roof top, with a pond nearby
where ghosts lurked in corners, took a dip
into muddy, soiled water.
All the dead, cousins, a friend whose thirst
could never be assuaged. Died drinking in 
the hospital.
All the dead arise in my dreams and grandmother
narrates those dead stories, about her twins choleric
flying against torrents of  the wind.  
All the dead arise in my dreams
and I am alive once again.

Ananya S Guha
Shillong, INDIA
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment