Thursday, March 24, 2016

Michael Marrotti- A Poem


"The Best Poem Of All Time"

The best poem
of all time
Is right in front of you
Pulsing like an
erratic heartbeat
Growing older
with each passing second
Cloaked in darkness
Ignored because of race
or gender
It's all about cosmetics
Maybe I need a makeover

Or should I surf this site
Me and my hidden intentions
Leaving a few superficial
comments on other
peoples poems
In the hope of reciprocation

We all have feelings
to express and we all
think we're oh so clever
But I guarantee
mine are better than yours
Because I'm self assured
biased and pretentious

Learn from the master
if you're running low
on inspiration
Bite your tongue
or the moderator
will take it
Nothing is free
but this work of art
I bestow it upon you
No one would purchase it
Here you can have it

I know what you're thinking
I've felt what you're feeling

This is the best poem
of all time
You're overwhelmed
by the joy
Of stumbling upon
this immaculate conception

© Michael Marrotti


Michael Marrotti is an author from Pittsburgh using words instead of violence to mitigate the suffering of life in a callous world of redundancy. His primary goal is to help other people. He considers poetry to be a form of philanthropy. When he's not writing, he's volunteering at the Light Of Life homeless shelter on a weekly basis. If you appreciate the man's work, please check out his blog:www.thoughtsofapoeticmind.blogspot.com for his latest poetry and short stories.


4 comments:

  1. Well done, thank you, have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stumbled upon the immaculate conception. I am changed forever......Thank you for the guiding light....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh huh. A little reformation action. Thanks!!

      Delete