Thursday, March 31, 2016

Melanie Browne- Two Poems


Rescuing Naked Barbies from Goodwill

I see their faces first,
in gallon-size ziplock bags,
mashed together like
one brutal S&M orgy,
I long to rescue them,
give them all a hot bath
then dress them in
some second -hand gently worn
clothing,
but I can't
save them all,
I am not Therese,
the patron saint
of naked thrift store Barbies,
but,
if someone nominates me
I doubt if I will turn it down



Arguing with My Mom on Easter

I am in a heated 
discussion with
my Mom about
whether the infamous
Madalyn Murray O'Hair
met her ultimate
demise with the
help of a
wood chipper,
I read her the 
Wikipedia article,
but she isn't
satisfied,
It's Easter,
I say,
this isn't a 
suitable topic,
and neither of us
can remember how
we got here,
from point A
to point W,
so we drink our coffee
and eat the ham
and peel the
shell from 
the hard boiled
eggs
 

No comments:

Post a Comment