Thursday, March 31, 2016

Michael Marrotti- A Poem


"Fanboys United"

It's a sight for
insecure eyes
The manifestation
of flattery
Under the guise
of solidarity
Digital high fives
when they know
deep down in
their shallow souls
that their writing
is as bad as my own
It's a special group
and to be honest
in which pertaining
to them (fanboys)
Honesty rarely occurs
I'm without the
invitation
What good am I
when I trimmed
my nails
I can't scratch
their backs properly
Fanboys united
The fallacy
has been
detrimental
to their writing
I've been ostracized
I feel so alone
At least I still have
my old friend candor
As they cliche away
I know everything
is subjective
But at the end
of the day
we'll never progress
If all we have
is the fanboys united


Michael Marrotti is an author from Pittsburgh using words instead of violence to mitigate the suffering of life in a callous world of redundancy. His primary goal is to help other people. He considers poetry to be a form of philanthropy. When he's not writing, he's volunteering at the Light Of Life homeless shelter on a weekly basis. If you appreciate the man's work, please check out his blog:www.thoughtsofapoeticmind.blogspot.com for his latest poetry and short stories.


1 comment:

  1. Do you need Finance? Are you looking for Finance? Are you looking for finance to enlarge your business? We help individuals and companies to obtain finance for business expanding and to setup a new business ranging any amount. Get finance at affordable interest rate of 3%, Do you need this finance for business and to clear your bills? Then send us an email now for more information contact us now via financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com whats-App +918929509036 Dr James Eric Finance Pvt Ltd Thank

    ReplyDelete