Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pijush Kanti Deb- Three Poems

Coffee and my Mother- in- law
                      
My mother-in-law,
frequently invited and ever-welcomed
yet likes to trespass my family every now and then,
draws ugly wrinkles on
the plain canvas of my fate,
nevertheless, I pay a welcome smile to her.

My busy commercial schedule-
ever- active to make me rich
but too poor to awake
my consciousness regarding my family schedule,
tongue-less to babbling tongues as a consequence
and washed up thoroughly without any detergent.

Alas! Coal never leaves its colour,
trend-wise ill-fated I was again
to be unmindful to the cordial invitation,
a personal request of my awesome  mother-in- law
and a sufferer from an oral storm very soon.
''Oh God, save me please''!
an importunity came out of my timid heart.

As expected she appeared in the next morning,
swept me top to bottom with her verbal broom
in a collaboration with my wife too.
Chilled morning that was,
her voice was quivering in cold
added by her own aggressive emotion.
My all attempts to cool her surrendered
and led me to kitchen to hide,
I was fortunate to be blessed by God
as my eyes fell on the packet of chocolate coffee,
a smile was bloomed on my lips
and a cup of hot chocolate coffee was prompt
to reach below the nose of mother-in-law
with its enchanting magical flavour,
started extinguishing her fire of emotion
with her each and every sip step by step
and I thanked God and coffee both for a hot rescue.



 Non-Violent Ventilators
                      
Scolding, abusing, cursing and weeping-
the effective ventilators for cooling a compelled life,
captive in a handicapped body
with chained hands and feet.
Let's look at the spears of fire-
cast by the selfish catapults-
powered by the evils of
society, profession, politics and spirituality
towards a poor life and the only amulet-
made of tolerance and patience is penetrated

and the helpless life starts groaning in pain and irritation.
Mind is free and brave,
so prompt for a retaliation
but the body is too handicap to participate.
A hot and roaring wave of
humiliation and anger is added to the groaning
making the body to swell up in destructive emotion
up to a blasting point.
Thank God, the ventilators start working on time
one by one as per the need of life and time
and the body is spontaneous to use the magic of
scolding, abusing and cursing-
all against the merciless catapult
and at last weeping too to cool down
the burning body mind and soul
in a very non-violent way of saving a life from the fire of anger.



Painters and Paintings
                                            
The paintings are to be kissed or spitted,
used in embellishing the drawing room
or thrown in dustbin to injure the environment.
A sensitive painter is careful
in centralizing all of his
skills, experiences and virtues
on the top of his brush
and skillful to compel the clean canvas
to conceive a painting-
beautiful and useful too,
with each and every passionate touch of his brush on it.

Blood turns into hot sweat,
sheds on the stainless canvas
and a magnificent painting is born,
compelling claps, kisses, rewards and awards
to be generous to drop on it
from the blissful eyes and the perceived hearts.
Maybe, a bunch of blessings are also bestowed
By blissful and watchful aerial eyes
and a course of curses are booked
for those careless  painters
who give their paintings just the beginning,
leaving the finishing to money and machine,
produce some so-called paintings-
lacking color and scent of humanity.
Dump them in the slums of garbage
and pollute the cleanliness of the environment
where the stainless paintings are still picking the flowers up
thrown gratefully by the blissful eyes and the peaceful hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment