Sunday, March 30, 2014

Luis Cuauhtemoc Berriozabal- 3 Poems


SHOULD BE SLEEPING

I know I should be sleeping
But the spring birds
Won't stop singing
And I have to get up
And go to work now

I am feeling so tired
Still I hear the birds
Of spring filled with
So much vigor
I would give so much

To be one of them
Singing without a
Care in the world
Early in the
Morning they sing

I know I should be sleeping
Hey there, spring birds
Let’s trade places
I will sing and
You will feel tired



TOUCHED BY BEAUTY

Touched by beauty
There's a glow about you
Even as mist fills your eye
The beauty is ripe and tangible

I can't forget you
The day dogs me and falls
Heartache rolls inside me
I tumble off the edge

I curse the world
I watch you walk off
Taking your beauty and
Most of my broken heart



LIKE A FIEND

Another day
With the albatross
Weighing me down
It does not stop
Putting its heft on
My daily life

It takes me days
To recover and
It comes back as
Soon as I am
Feeling like the worst
Is over, but

It comes back like
A fiend…

No comments:

Post a Comment