Saturday, January 9, 2016

Matthew Borczon- Three Poems


Matthew Borczon is a nurse and navy sailor who lives in Erie, Pa. He writes about the war he lived through and the war he continues to fight daily. His work has appeared in Red Efts, Big Hammer, the Yellow Chair review, 1947, Busted Dharma as well as other journals. He recently won the Yellow Chair Review's chapbook contest and his book A Clock of Human Bones will come out in Early 2016


Couch

Took some
of the
money I
made while
I was
deployed
and bought
a big
soft  couch
deep thick
and black
enough to
ride my
nightmares
strait to
hell on


PTSD 2

If you
stick your
arm in
up to
the elbow
inside  the
hornets
nest that
is my
life
you will
only feel
the wind

and only
hear the
war.


PTSD 3

my wife
says she
tried to
wake me
but is
afraid to
touch me
or shake
me because
of how
much I
still jump
and scream


No comments:

Post a Comment