Saturday, January 23, 2016

Chimezie Ihekuna- A Poem


Out of the Box
I was lost in the box called life…In it,

(I)
I wanted learning
But my education was deafening
I wanted truth
But my reality faked its root
I wanted to buy the right counsel
But my mind controller got me its left sell
I wanted to be free
But my pursuit turned a tree
I wanted information
But my vision brought me deformation
I wanted wellness
But my state showed illness
I wanted food
But my money was rude
I wanted a wife
But my life mirrored a knife!
I wanted the clarity of pleasure
But my naked eyes saw the dullness of pressure
I wanted to live forever
But my death was to question For Ever
I wanted peace
But my perception reflected unease

(II)
I wanted to know about people
But my understanding was a fumble
I wanted to be everyone’s friend
But my experience was the pal’s end
I wanted to be rich
But my efforts didn’t catch a fish!
I wanted direction
But my limitation was the obstruction
I wanted to know the ‘why’ to everything happening
But my answer had to cry to all prevailing
I wanted to invest in good
But my previous return showed “fooled”
I wanted to scream because of pains
But my calmness showed up because of gains
 
(III)
I wanted people to hear my voice
But my quest was a noise
I wanted money
But my struggle was funny!
I wanted to know why the world was divided
But the response was: “Its control is what’s favorite”
I wanted to know what happens after death
But my physical life told me I was on earth
I wanted to tell people my experience
But my words failed me in their presence
I wanted to know if I knew what I know
But my existence replied with a “NO!”
I wanted to find myself through my works
But my inner-self whispered: "If you want to find yourself, then think Out Of The Box!”





No comments:

Post a Comment