Monday, February 22, 2016

Michael Marrotti- A Poem


"God Versus Google"

Arguing with
intelligent people
over stupid things
Is not the answer
Especially when
my attention span
is dependent
on adderal

I'm one pill short
of solving
this equation

Personally, I believe
its better to avoid
senseless dialogue
like I avoid paying
the balance on
my library card
Than progress
in a fruitless debate
when my intellect
is as deficient
as my funds
after walking out
on my last job
Guilty of no prospects

Besides if you want
the answer
All you have to do
is search
Ask and you
will receive
Literally

I've been asking God
most my adult life
I want answers
All I've learned
is how to be rude

Then Google
came around
and beat God
to the punch
Look at me now
I'm a knowledgeable
man equipped with
good manners

4 comments:

  1. Yes, the trinity of google. I think I left my mouse at the altar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Favorite play:"Waiting for Google", with all the world as its characters and no one but raving lunatics in the audience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Favorite play:"Waiting for Google", with all the world as its characters and no one but raving lunatics in the audience.

    ReplyDelete