Sunday, February 28, 2016

Jennifer Lagier- Poem & Photo



I Would Never Be That Way Again
 
Old black and white photos
capture the peach orchard
where I side-swiped a tree,
ripped the door off Dad’s truck,
recall fruit cutting shed, first boyfriend,
river-bottom lover’s lane for illicit sex.
 
A moldy album documents
me dressed in white dress & veil
impersonating a bride,
then, terrified newlywed,
later failing as wife.
 
Snap shots reveal evolution:
anorexic jogger,
Amazon body builder,
disillusioned, angry punk,
protesting peacenik,
cougar femme fatale.
 
In my Medicare years,
I shoot images of ocean,
oddities, local characters,
control shutter, define the frame,
remain out of sight.

1 comment:

  1. Really like this poem. You've done it all and yet continue to find more. This is living life fully.
    Well done.

    ReplyDelete