Friday, November 13, 2015

Paul Tristram- Three Poems


8th Beer In

and I’m still only bouncing your bones
to chill being Itinerant
until the break of morning.


© Paul Tristram 2015



Done Haggling

If my beautiful heart is not
good enough for you?
then I shall give it
to someone else.
There is nothing reciprocal
going on here anyway
except bad moods and shouting.
I have looked through
your list of problems with me,
(You must have writers cramp!)
it was the only way to cheer myself up.
I’m off up around the bend
where your mother’s opinion
no longer matters.
I can eat breakfast in the evening,
share a beer with Dawn’s early light
and breathe freely again
without eggshell walking
to the tune of your
never happy controlling ways.
You want a ‘normal man’
(Your words!)
without a soul
and original thought of his own.
Ok then, jump to it,
they are a dime a dozen
down that un-unique road
(You can’t miss it for the ‘Baaa-ing!)


© Paul Tristram 2015



Slay & Walk Away

“Why am I doing this…what a silly question?
Because I’m leaving you
and to do that takes strength.
Make no mistake
I am emotionally involved here,
so to do this I need you destroyed.
My ego will not be happy
knowing that you are happy
and getting on with your life without me.
And to watch you fall in love again,
(Because I will be watching!)
are you completely MAD…
see I’m getting wretched
just imagining it, you Bastard!
I’m going to turn everyone against you,
they’ll all believe me, you just watch.
I’ll pull the ‘Tearful Victim’ card,
Ha! I can see the lynch mob now.
Just get drunk once, poor baby,
whilst I’m busy ruining you
and I’ll pull the ‘Secret Alcoholic’ card too.
I’m going to make your downfall my art form,
there’ll be nothing left for the vultures.
People will curse and spit at you
in the street before I’m finished
even though you’re just following me around
heartbroken and confused
like a lost, love-sick puppy.
(There’s a restraining order right there!)
Wanting to talk, compromise,
and work things out,
aw, you’re so sweet it’s making me sick.
There will be no Compromise,
I want your mark notched upon my rifle
and your ‘boo-boo’ head upon a fucking stick!”


© Paul Tristram 2015



Paul Tristram is a Welsh writer who has poems, short stories, sketches and photography
published in many publications around the world, he yearns to tattoo porcelain bridesmaids
instead of digging empty graves for innocence at midnight, this too may pass, yet.


Buy his book ‘Poetry From The Nearest Barstool’ at http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1326241036
And a split poetry book ‘The Raven And The Vagabond Heart’ with Bethany W Pope
at http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1326415204
 

You can also read his poems and stories here! http://paultristram.blogspot.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment