Monday, August 10, 2015

Keith Landrum- Two Poems


The Price Of Claustrophobia

money is invisible
and we are now left
with simple digits
like 1 and 0
and -$249.56

and it's hard 
to hold on
to a five 
dollar bill

so I ask
where the value is
in a system
that will soon produce 
trillionaires

but I have 
no voice
for those
without 
ears

I am #1
in a world 
of seven billion
number ones

so I am never lonely
or bored
or optimistic

but you'll never find
me 
in a crowd


Peace is Expensive

I drink in the afternoon
and paint pictures
of riots
in defiance
of racism
capitalism
death

I drink
a star's heat
without pledge
prayer
or promise

because sometimes 
I can't 
carry the weight
of the heart
or spirit

so sometimes 
it's just better 
to forget

sometimes
it's just 
wise

to 
make
mistakes


Bio: Keith Landrum paints, works, draws, writes, and drinks in Chattanooga, TN. His work can be found in various print and online small press publications. 


No comments:

Post a Comment