Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Ramona Thompson- Two Poems


Snake Egg

I'm not your child
Not your baby
No mouthpiece
I can speak
And think for myself
May not always act like it
But I am
Full ass grown
A 100 percent woman
Don't need no second mama
Full of drama
Tryin' to raise me

I've made my mistakes
Sure I'll make plenty more
But it's not your place
To watch my every move
Tell me how
To live my life
I'm no little girl
No flesh and blood of yours
So why should it matter?

Just back off
Stay away
Far enough away
To keep intact
These thin bands of our friendship
Coming fast
To the breaking point
Cause you just can't seem
To mind your own
Lost in your plans
Not for your life
But mine

It's a cold world
It's a cruel world
I know all too well
And I don't give
Not a damn
Cause I know I can take it
With or without you
Ms Overprotective
I'll be just fine
One way or another
Leaving this nest
This prison
To prove
Once and for all, honey
I'm no helpless egg
No dependent snake egg
And I never will be
So bye bye

2015 Ramona Thompson



My Black Mamba Mama

Better beware
Her fangs are sharp
Razor points
Her poison deadly
Venomous when it comes to her baby
I learned the hard way
How she loves to crush
Make lifeless
The life's blood of her very own

She crawls
She sneaks
Creeps and lies
Whatever it takes
To get her wicked way
To make an unwilling soul stay
At her side
To attend
Her every second and minute need
She wraps around
And she won't let go
Till the very last breath

She needs way too much attention
Can't make it on her own
So she slitters
Charming, lying
Until one taste that forbidden fruit
Pays her price of a lost paradise
Forfeits their very soul
Just to please her
Just to feel her love
The most dangerous of all harm

She's cool
To the point of freezing
Cold blooded
Nothing in her of a true mother
Only a false liar
Crying avon coated tears
Pleading the case she does not have
Working her way to destroying

The very life from her own body
She gave

Because she hates her own self so very much
In vile disagreement
Her mission clear
To devour whole
The only one daughter
Who now loves her dear
No more
Now that the snake's skin has been shed
And the horrible truth
At last revealed

2015 Ramona Thompson


Ramona Thompson has been writing for more then 20 years. Her past publishing credits include Dead Snakes, Calvary Cross, This Ain't No Rodeo, Howl, and many more.

Fans/readers may find her on facebook or her e-mail reddstar111@gmail.com


1 comment:

  1. 'Full ass grown' is great combination - I might steal it and incorporate in my daily repertoire so as to appear normal or sophisticated or something..

    ReplyDelete