Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Denny E. Marshall- Three Poems


Transformer

The window twisted open
In a spiral motion
Stories on the street
Drive by like speeding chapters
A hammer can hit you
When you take the time to see
Happiness can take control so easy
When your mind is unconcerned
Still plugged in but not on
Is anything really important?
Except the things you can’t see or touch
Or love
Still with no real definition


Money Is The Wrong Color


I feel that it’s sad
That money
Is the same color
As lush forest
Or rolling hills and fields


Forever Changed


The long empty days melt together
Can’t tell them apart
The constant heat of emotion
The fusion of the heart

I will never be the man I was
With my feelings rearranged
Even after all the pain is gone
This heart of mine, forever changed

I’ve lost at love before you know
Many fires with no flames
I went on afterwards
However, this is not the same

I try to hold it all inside
It’s hard to keep the passion caged
Even after all the pain is gone
This heart of mine, forever changed

In my life I have not met
Anyone like her before
She touched me eternally
I will be the same no more

Even after all the pain is gone
This heart of mine
Forever changed

No comments:

Post a Comment