Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Brihintha Burggee- A Poem


The Most Beloved, You

My heart became an unwavering tornado,
Unable to choose the perfect emotion --
Was it the grief of nothingness,
Or the impatience to embrace everything?

Even though, only petals of roses 
spluttered from my mouth,
in Your praise. 
Only streams of pearls 
flowed down my flustered cheeks,
in Your fear. 
Only peaceful humility fuelled wings 
to a heart full of roots when I prostrated
to You.

And I knew my heart was once again
Pregnant with hopes of bliss.



Bio: Aged 20, Brihintha Burggee is enjoying the experience of writing her first poems. She lives in a small paradise island called Mauritius in the middle of the Indian Ocean. Her works have been previously published by The Rainbow Rose, The Camel Saloon, Mad Swirl, Leaves of Ink, Black Mirror Magazine and Pyrokinection.

No comments:

Post a Comment