Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Ramona Thompson- Two Poems


Venomous
 
I know you think
You hide it
Oh so well
But honey you really don't
I can see that snakeskin
From a mile away
The layers of angel you wear
To fake your way through and in
No good at
Hiding away
The demon within

You're the worst kind of evil
Slick talkin'
Forked tongue
Got all your pretty excuses
Lined up
In a row
Charming when you wanna be
Back stabber
More often then not
You'll do
Say anything
To avoid the reflection
Shining back at you
Of the poisonous beast
You really are

You've tried and failed
The last time
To slitter your way into
My good graces
Thrown out words
Dripping in ugly
Your so called beauty cannot take back
Got the others fooled
But not me
Oh no
Never me
Not ever again

Lyin through your fangs
It's so easy to see
You're heartless
Cold blooded and cruel
Never gonna change
Never were the mask you wore
So you say
You didn't come to make friends
Bitch, that's fine
You don't got any friends here anyway
Not with that thing in your mouth
Venomous tongue
Too sharp
To ever accept
The difference
In another's color

2015 Ramona Thompson
 
 
 
Snakes Stick Together
 
I prayed
You wouldn't

Then you went and did
Proved me right
When so bad about you
I wanted to be wrong
Guess over time
I threw you
One too many bones
My foolish bad

Can't
Don't want to escape
That gang mind
Refuse to think
Just once
On your own
For yourself
Would rather be with
The in crowd
Then be right

You're really all alone
Always have been
Just don't wanna see it
Cause you know
Deep down
Without a crowd around you
You've got
No self identity

No strength of your own
To fall back on

Join now
In the wolf's feeding frenzy
Tear a friend to pieces
Someday I'll laugh
When its your turn
To be turned upon
Ganged up on
Silly, silly little girl
Snakes always stick together
Or do they do?

2015 Ramona Thompson
 
 
 
Ramona Thompson has been writing for more then 20 years. Her past publishing credits include Dead Snakes, Calvary Cross, This Ain't No Rodeo, Howl, and many more.

Fans/readers may find her on facebook or her e-mail reddstar111@gmail.com    
 

No comments:

Post a Comment