Monday, March 21, 2016

Michael Marrotti- A Poem


A New Beginning

Alcohol flowed like
the Allegheny river
Smoke from the blunt
polluted the air
like a diesel engine
I self indulged like I
was over compensating
Fed up with feeling
the way I was feeling

One too many now
I'm over the legal limit
Pushing it farther
disillusioned with
the way the world
keeps spinning
Can't live for tomorrow
if this is all its giving
In need of a break
from this way I'm living

Crossing the line
Breaking up the monotony
Consequently
I threw up all the pain
which resides in me
Boredom is a bitch
Woke up the following day
thinking about the obituary
but well aware
I've hit the bottom
Now all that's left
is a new beginning

On a clean slate
picking up the pieces
of a redundant lifestyle
Working my way back up
I'm becoming the change
I need to keep on living


Michael Marrotti is an author from Pittsburgh using words instead of violence to mitigate the suffering of life in a callous world of redundancy. His primary goal is to help other people. He considers poetry to be a form of philanthropy. When he's not writing, he's volunteering at the Light Of Life homeless shelter on a weekly basis. If you appreciate the man's work, please check out his blog:www.thoughtsofapoeticmind.blogspot.com for his latest poetry and short stories.


No comments:

Post a Comment