Monday, April 21, 2014

Theresa A. Cancro- Two Poems

Lifetime

Sun limns lifetimes
like blossoms of the field,
flowers pressed between
tome hours, evidence
we stole the light,
that small shining hope
now bright
in old eyes.

I won't face the grim.
Tell me lies, delay
the final hour.
I'll turn from darkness
as time kernels crowd,
I'll slather sweet
salve to ease the pain
of dying.



Undertow

Frustration has settled its spurs
in my mind.  Kicks never work.
Let it slide off the side
of anger, mountain to scale,
or ride by.

The power to turn on a dime
slows, friction drags.
No, I cannot see
through the seconds in between.
The down beat closes a valve,
shuts me out.

The bruised clock on the mantel
reeks of spurious minutes,
cranks its gears to chime
a mockery in my ear
of how I've left my life
behind.



Bio:  Theresa A. Cancro (Wilmington, Delaware  USA) writes poetry and fiction.  Her poetry has been published or is forthcoming in print and at online sites, including Three Line Poetry, Napalm and Novocain, Jellyfish Whispers, Kumquat Poetry, The Rainbow Journal, The Artistic Muse: Poehemians, Stormcloud Poets Anthology, A Handful of Stones, A Hundred Gourds, tinywords, Cattails, Chrysanthemum, and Shamrock Haiku Journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment