Thursday, May 5, 2016

Ramona Thompson- A Poem


Ramona Thompson has been writing for more then 20 years. Her past credits include Calvary Cross, Dead Snakes, Blood Moon Rising, Infernal Ink, This Ain't No Rodeo and many more.

Readers/fans may stalk her on facebook or her e-mail reddstar111@gmail.com



Infected With Snakes

It seems
They wanna crawl
All over me
From my past
To wreck my future
Venom is their promise
Full disclosure
Too much
They could reveal
And so I am trapped
In this mess of my own making
Barely breathing
Infected with snakes

I gasp for air
Feel I am buried alive
With these fiends
Once upon a better time
My friends
What I did
Where it all went wrong
I'm still not quite sure
I know only the damage
Their ghostly fangs could do
With just one small bite of the truth

I vow
Never will I let them tell
Swear to do
Whatever it takes
To keep my poison secrets safe
The angel fallas
And the devil inside takes over
I am grim
Yet I am firm
Knowing what I must do

Anything at all
No matter how crazy the risk
I'll lose nothing
I've worked so hard
Too hard to gain
And so begins my vengeance

My cruel plot
To put a final end
To a terrible thing
I did once
So long ago
When I was young and foolish
Something no one can ever know
God help me
I think I may have lost my soul
In starting the end of this tonight

2016 Ramona Thompson

1 comment:

  1. Always an interesting and exciting read. I can feel the pace of this poem. Determination and conviction
    come through.

    ReplyDelete