Thursday, May 21, 2015

Stefanie Bennett- A Poem


THE CHINESE ‘HAMLET’, Tu Fu    
 
At a loose end, I once
Nursed an adversary
Closer than
A robo-cop
In the vernacular:
 
Blah! Now I’ve to learn
The slipknot
Of Li Po’s
Ornamental drum
And
The breadth
Of the Bodhi
                   Tree’s
Ashen branched
Tactics.
 
He challenges –,
“I pull my dagger,
I peer four ways...”
 
I commiserate. Say,
‘The floral path
                         Has
Never been swept
For a guest...’
 
Defence and offence
Is on
 
The traps.
 
 
 
Stefanie Bennett has published several volumes of poetry and had poems appear with
Mad Swirl, The Camel Saloon, Illya’s Honey, Jelly-fish Whispers, Shot Glass Journal,
Ink, Sweat and Tears and others. She has acted as a publishing editor and worked
with Arts Action for Peace. Of mixed ancestry [Italian/Irish/Paugussett-Shawnee] she
was born in North Queensland, Australia, May 6th, 1945.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment