Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Holly Day- Two Poems


            First

holding you down
my arms wrapped tight around your body
like plastic wrap, like cocoon silk
my fingers over your eyes, in your ears

smearing my lipstick all over
your body, my lips
bright red bloody streaks
in the dark, marking my territory
marking you mine.


 
            Turbulence

you are a deep blue ocean
and I have spent too much time trying to patch up
this slow leak.

put your fingers back on me, the one thing
I don’t understand
I don’t know what might have been.
all this thinking. 



Short bio: Holly Day was born in Hereford, Texas, “The Town Without a Toothache.” She and her family currently live in Minneapolis, Minnesota, where she teaches writing classes at the Loft Literary Center. Her published books include the nonfiction books Music Theory for Dummies, Music Composition for Dummies, and Guitar All-in-One for Dummies, and the poetry books “Late-Night Reading for Hardworking Construction Men” (The Moon Publishing) and “The Smell of Snow” (ELJ Publications). 

No comments:

Post a Comment