Monday, May 2, 2016

Scott Wozniak- Two Poems


Jackpot on the Dumpster Diver Circuit
 
Walking around
the city
wearing rags
that smell
like bum,
I stroll
from dumpster
to trash can
and back again,
looking
for anything
nobody wants,
but I need.
 
A half-eaten
burrito
is top score
until
I toss open
a lid
and see
abandoned
Doc Martins--
A possession
I never
could afford,
but are now
all mine
for the low
low price
of homeless.


Not Fit For Consumption
How many times
can a man
sell his soul
‘till it becomes
recycled goods
un-fit
for landfills
or rats’
consumption?



Scott Wozniak is a poet and short story writer. His works can be found here, there, and over there too. He sometimes forgets to include his poems when sending them out for submission. For more info, please visit about.me/swozniak   


No comments:

Post a Comment