Saturday, January 2, 2016

Heather Gelb- A Poem


                 Rehabilitating Grief
There once was a famous photographer
Who bought a horse and rode across the wild west
To rehabilitate his grief,
To feel his pain
Without hurting others.
Tall red rock replaced
Skyscrapers of steel, and sounds of
War and senseless dying were replaced by
His peaceful heartbeat pumping healing forward
With each horse step.

I ride a horse through my own wild country,
Bareback and connected,
The sound of each step forward
Another Rumi poem to ponder,
Taking pictures to document
All the places where flowers sprung from grief.


Brief Bio: I often feel like a gazelle as I leap from hilltop to hilltop.

On one of these hills I recently publish my memoir, my spiritual journey from the hills of one land to another: http://www.amazon.com/From-Hilltop-Path-Rwanda-Israel/dp/1937623076

One of my poems based on this book was featured in the fall edition of Poetica Magazine.

I have also published stories and poetry in other various publications like Green Panda Press, Deronda Review, Jellyfish Whispers, Stepping Stones, IJN and Esra Magazine 


No comments:

Post a Comment