Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Gregg Dotoli- Three Poems


That Rain

crushing rain woke me
hours after midnight
each drop a flat note
pinged off this leaf or that stone
earth's white noise
caused a natural claustrophobia
shrinking my mind space
inducing fear and inner tremble
knowing I can't escape
until the dark storm wanes


Do the Moon

youth's prelove peace
had a lightspeed exit
to a heroic happiness
sizzling my heart as summer sand
on bare-feet
love became my life emperor
and drove the me I became


Leafspring

late winter silver sun
falls on the high oaks and land
gently awakens its children
green baby buds wake and stretch
to the soft notes of a SpringSong
nature's unbroken promise
warming our cooled hearts
chilled by mercurial winter days
leafspring zing
the annual élan

No comments:

Post a Comment