Sunday, June 14, 2015

Stefanie Bennett- Two Poems


 
SEARCH-LIGHTING        
 
Lost? Yes... as
Many times
As I’ve had hot
Dinners.
Believe me when
I say
It was
         Nothing less
Than
Deliberate.
 
 
 
SEIZURE: MAY 2014, CRIMEA   
 
In ‘My Mother’s House’
A deceptive land:
An impulse
Waxes lyric –,
 
While unencumbered
The axe-head
And wood-block lie
... Seen only
                    From
The bi-fold window.
 
There, time steps through
The filament’s
Grasping squall, and
It’s found
 
How I am, now –,
Twice as able
As once was
Cain...
 
 
 
Stefanie Bennett has published several volumes of poetry and had poems appear with
Mad Swirl, The Camel Saloon, Illya’s Honey, Shot Glass Journal, Jellyfish Whispers
and others. She has acted as a publishing editor and worked with Arts Action for Peace.
Of mixed ancestry [Irish/Italian/Paugussett-Shawnee] she was born in Nth. Queensland,
Australia in 1945.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment