Monday, June 29, 2015

Ramona Thompson- Two Poems


Queen Cobra

Who do you think you are?
Ms. High and Mighty
Little Ms. Perfect
Think you're so much better
Above the rest of us
How quickly you forget
Where you came from
Your past
Just as sin filed
As the rest of us

Your tongue is pure acid
You stick your fangs
Wherever you want them
Don't give a damn
Who you hurt
As long as we all agree
You're always in the right
Can't ever be wrong
Oh no!
Not you Princeness Perfect
Everybody's favorite lady in charge

Sick of it
Uncoiled
I for one am gonna
Fight back
Bite back
Take back my rights
No more stepping across that line
You're movin' back
Way back
Gonna let me live my life
Without every minute of it
Getting in my face
With your poison wisdom
Shooting down my self-esteem



Venom Immune

Like MC Hammer
So long ago
Can't touch this
I'm stronger
Thicker skin
I've built up
Over all these years
Away from you
I've learned
One or two bitter lessons
About mothers and daughters
And how blood isn't always
Thicker than water

I still love you
But I know
Now I must put away
Childish hopes and dreams
You chose him
So I'm picking me
Won't get caught up
In another sticky web of your lies
Family ties have come undone
I can't look back
No matter how desperate
At times I want to

All grown up
On my own
You keep your distance
Mama, I'll keep mine
No more games
Done waiting in limbo
For you to wise up
Come back to me
You wanna be a punching bag?
You go right ahead
I got better plans
For this long, long life
Ahead of me

Always we'll be bound
By the fact
You gave me birth
You gave me life
But sometimes that bond just isn't enough
Sometimes a woman finds a man
More appealing so she abandons
Her only child
Just like you did
But hey mama
That's ok
I'm not bitter anymore
Funny but somehow I've learned
I've come to be
Venom immune



Ramona Thompson has been writing for more then 20 years. Her past publishing credits include Dead Snakes, Calvary Cross, Howl, This Ain't No Rodeo and many more.

Readers/fans may reach her on facebook or at reddstar111@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment