Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Scott Silsbe- A Poem


Saturday in the Park


Thank Christ I don’t
have to work today.
Just when my back
was about to give out.
I can turn my phone
off and sleep late
and drink coffee
and listen to jazz
and wander around
and sit in Schenley
and read Bukowski
or Stevens or maybe
even Norman Dubie.
And my head is clear
enough to collect my
thoughts some and
even maybe try to
write a little poem,
though not this one.
And all is well or
so it seems, but then
I miss a phone call
and the voice mail
doesn’t sound good.
Looks like I’m going
to have to take my
couple of vacation days
earlier than I counted on.



Scott Silsbe was born in Detroit. He now lives in Pittsburgh where he writes, sells books, and makes music with friends. His poems have appeared in numerous print and web periodicals including Chiron Review, Nerve Cowboy, The Chariton Review, Third Coast, The Volta, and the Cultural Weekly. He is the author of two poetry collections: Unattended Fire (Six Gallery Press, 2012) and The River Underneath the City (Low Ghost Press, 2013).

No comments:

Post a Comment