Thursday, January 15, 2015

Paul Tristram- Three Poems



Not Guilty

I could sense the humming and the flutter
of the butterflies alive and excited within her soul.
So I turned my back, completely
before my darkness consumed the lot
and gave me another reason to hate myself.

© Paul Tristram 2014



Careless

That was donkeys years ago now.
I wonder if she ever did manage to find
her daydream cottage by the sea?
She used to spend a good hour describing it,
right down to the minutest detail,
to whoever would sit down long enough to listen.
I have a photograph of her somewhere
but I bet she’s got grey in her hair now
just like I have myself.
I wonder if she ever regretted her decision?
For life can be long, tedious and tormenting
living on your own day in and day out.
No one knows this better than I do
for the decision that she made that day
she in fact made for the both of us.
My words were useless and fell upon empty,
careless ears all of those long years ago.


© Paul Tristram 2014



The Emotion Roller-Coaster Of Regret

It is up to you to BANG the stop button,
put your ‘I’ve had enough’ fist through the glass
and pull the emergency brake.
For years now you’ve been going around in circles,
it’s not that you are going nowhere fast,
It’s that you are going to the same three places
over and over and over and over and over again.
Regret – to – Frustration – to – Depression – (repeat)
None of these places are Destinations!
You need to shout “Enough Already!”
Unlock the safety bar and Exit the ride once and for all.
You cannot do nothing about the past
except learn from it and move on from it.
If you really want off of that miserable merry-go-round
the rules are very simple:
Leave the past behind you and just take care of today.


© Paul Tristram 2014



 Paul Tristram is a Welsh writer who has poems, short stories, sketches and photography published in many publications around the world, he yearns to tattoo porcelain bridesmaids instead of digging empty graves for innocence at midnight, this too may pass, yet.
 

You can read his poems and stories here! http://paultristram.blogspot.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment