Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Paul Tristram- Three Poems

An Ode To Nothing

When the fear and pain
have fallen away.
Passions both good and bad
have extinguished themselves.
Hunger and thirst are sated.
Memories and experience dismissed.
The core,
hollow and still
and quiet
without yearning.
When want is unwanted.
Truth irrelevant.
Climate merely background.
And true seeing
involves more than just
the eyes.
There
you will find me.
Whispering
my ode to nothing.



Brain Blisters
This impossible concentration is crazy
I feel like smashing my forehead
straight through a brick wall.
Sometimes writing gets like this,
too many ideas and images
racing around inside of me.
Shunting against each other angrily
fighting for the spotlight, I swear
there’s road rage going on upstairs.
I can’t eat or sleep or sit down
until I organize some of this chaos
and get one or two more of them out
birthed and alive upon the page.
I picked the wrong day to stop
smoking, drinking and sniffing glue.
But here is another one almost complete.
I can hear those engines rev louder again.
It is time for some more mental surgery
to lance one more blister upon my brain.



Tenterhooks

She is in the corner hotel
upstairs and rushing
from one window to the other
hoping to catch a glimpse of him
coming up the wet Glastonbury street.
He is 5 hours late already
and they would have found her note
by now and know that she has run away.
Her head suspects that something’s wrong,
that he’s changed his mind?
But her heart will not accept this!
She takes another swig of laudanum
whilst looking at his likeness
imprisoned inside a little wooden locket.
Then she is back to the windows
frantic once more.
And that is where we leave her
hanging upon desperate tenterhooks
as the afternoon dims into evening
waiting alone with her fate.



Paul Tristram is a Welsh writer who has poems, short stories and sketches published in many publications around the world, he yearns to tattoo porcelain bridesmaids instead of digging empty graves for innocence at midnight, this too may pass, yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment