Thursday, March 17, 2011

Gary Beck- Three Poems

Domesticity

 
Wanting you
not in circumspect discretion,
but letting the explosive madness show,
until your knowing, testing,
then letting me take you,
erupting an insane hunger
swallowing you,
chaining you inside me.
Secure,
a mocking laugh startles me,
stabs in midnight whispers.
I whimper awake,
your head beside me on the pillow,
little girl’s face crinkly with sleep.
I shake you.
I scream your name.
I shatter you awake.
I cry: ‘Do you love me?’
‘Whatta you crazy?’ you yell.
‘I gotta go ta work in the morning.
Lemme sleep.’
You mumble: ‘Dopey sonofabitch.’
Pat me.
Not knowing to caress or strangle,
I lie rigid, staring at the ceiling,
you asleep. I awake.
The alarm rings,
you stretch,
shut it off,
roll on me,
prison me beneath you,
run your tongue along my neck and under my chin.
Whisper: ‘My possessive little boy.’
Your hand takes root on me.
You weld us together.
You moan an ecstatic ghost cry of tremors,
then still.
We doze.
With you melting on me,
the long night fades.
 
 
 

Two Songs of Lust

 
Blondly erotic
with lost eyes
she chokes from too much wanting.
I feel some pity,
but mostly
would lay hands
upon her body.
 
She walks by,
a triangle between her thighs
cripples her.
She is soft,
like fingers holding rotten plums.
Her hips are agonized rotations
that summon hands
to roam her body
and I cannot resist.
 
 
 

Zoo Threat

The leopard prowls from wall to wall
cursing the bars with flame eyes,
climbs like housecat to its perch,
yawns elegantly,
full of dangerous grace,
stretches black-spot length,
sits,
watches the watchers,
speaks with jungle tongue:
Sssssss
I will get loose.
Sssssss
I will find your children in their lair.
Sssssss
I will pet them with my claws for throwing peanuts.
I will kiss them with my fangs for laughing.
I can wait.
One dark night…. I’ll be free.




Gary Beck has spent most of his adult life as a theater director and worked as an art dealer when he couldn't earn a living in the theater. He has also been a tennis pro, a ditch digger and a salvage diver. His chapbook 'Remembrance' was published by Origami Condom Press, 'The Conquest of Somalia' was published by Cervena Barva Press, 'The Dance of Hate' was published by Calliope Nerve Media, 'Material Questions' was published by Silkworms Ink, 'Dispossessed' was published by Medulla Press and 'Mutilated Girls is being published by Heavy Hands Ink. A collection of his poetry 'Days of Destruction' was published by Skive Press. Another collection 'Expectations' was published by Rogue Scholars press. His novel 'Dark Strains' will be published by Post Mortem Press. His original plays and translations of Moliere, Aristophanes and Sophocles have been produced Off Broadway and toured colleges and outdoor performance venues. His poetry has appeared in hundreds of literary magazines. He currently lives in New York City.

No comments:

Post a Comment