Tuesday, April 5, 2011

John Tustin- A Poem

BLIZZARD OF ICE

A blizzard of ice
swirls around my heart,
encircling, penetrating.
I shiver and shake,
its conspiracy,
frostbitten, blue,
numb, naked, fetal,
unprotected.
Ungloved.
Unloved.

The words unprepared.
Hang limply like frosty breath
in the blizzard air,
branches heavy with snow,
the scorched earth
a barren wasteland
of white and blinding nothing.
Walking, staggering,
frostbitten, barefoot,
cradling my love unreturned
with one crooked arm.
Ragged.
Deaf and sightless.
My tongue paralyzed,
dying for a drink.

The sun can’t crack the clouds,
the ice,
blizzard of ice and hollow noise,
blank air.
Howling and sirens.
Abandoned on the tundra
by my mother,
by my God,
by myself.


John Tustin writes when sober and submits it when drunk. fritzware.com/johntustinpoetry is his link.

1 comment:

  1. He does not like his poetry sober.
    He likes his poetry drunk.

    ReplyDelete